Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week 2: Why I LOVE Facebook

I have had a facebook account now for the last couple of years and I have to say I am addicted. It's been awesome for me because almost all of my family and close friends are on there, which makes staying in touch much easier. Here's the best part:

I have a half-brother, who I had only met once in my lifetime (when I was 10). I had always wondered about him, but never really knew how to go about contacting him and wasn't even sure if he'd want to know me. I'd searched for him on facebook several times, but with no luck. Then, one day last March I noticed I had a message in my inbox. When I went to check it I was shocked to see his name on my screen. We had both been thinking about each other. Crazy! Since then we have kept in touch and have met for dinners and he even came to our family's fish fry this summer. It has been great getting to know my brother! All Thanks to Facebook :)

Look me up on facebook under Elizabeth Pugh. My e-mail address is bpugh@mail.cclibks.org

4 comments:

StephyS said...

Hey, I joined ning, yeah just a little confusing, maybe we can help each other out. What is your ning page called?

Elizabethie said...

Yeah Stephanie! I don't understand the point of it. How do you find each other on it? I can't find any way to search. Weird.
My network is at http://elizabethsfaves.ning.com/
I thought I'd just put pictures on there and see what happens. LOL
What is your page address?

mikkilane said...

Let me know what you figure out about ning. I've started working on it but don't get it :)

Elizabethie said...

I decided to give up on ning. We agreed to disagree and end it at that

 
Copyright Elizabeth's Library Lowdown 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .