Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 4: Photo Sharing

I had fun this week with photo sharing. I used our digital camera and took a few pics around the library. Here is the address (can't get the link feature to work) to my "virtual library tour" album on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/47240380@N03/sets/72157623360291324/ Click on "sets" then "Burlington Library Tour" and then you can view as a "slideshow." For some reason that is the only way they will play in the order I organized them. Hmmmmmmm...perhaps I need to work on this a little more

I really enjoy anything photography related, so this was an enjoyable lesson for me. I'm not too familiar with all of the photosharing sites out there. I use kodak here at work and at home. I've used snapfish on occasion, but it's not that impressive in my opinion. Definitely cheap if you order prints from there, but I'm not sure if the quality would be that great. I sent some pics to my boss using their website and she said the resolution was not good. She suggested I use winkflash, which I think I will take a look at this evening.

I'm not sure if I will continue to use flickr for the library or not. I didn't find it as user friendly as picassa or even kodak. I like that kodak has a feature where I can upload directly to facebook which is handy for us at the library. We can upload our pics, edit/touch up and send them straight to facebook without having to open up multiple browsers.

I looked at a few of the photo editing sites. I'm now hooked (and I mean HOOOKED) on picnik.com I can no longer upload a picture without whitening my teeth (and everyone else's in the pic-you're most welcome) before uploading to my facebook page. I love this website! Photoshop.com was fine, but for me paled in comparison to picnik. I have yet to check out animoto and infranview, but for now I am pretty content with picnik.

All in all, a pretty fun week! I will continue to use picassa and picnik for sure. I still need to play around with flickr a little more. What did everyone else think?

Update: May 12th
I now have a premium account with picnik since I loved it so much. It is so much more user friendly than photoshop. Great site

3 comments:

Elizabethie said...

There is a widget for this tour on the left side of my page. Enjoy! :)

lakecedric said...

Brenda: I think you've inspired me to try picnik.com, you've got so many good ideas. (I really like the teeth-whitening one). Keep up the great work!

Elizabethie said...

The teeth whitening is awesome! Don't get addicted like me. lol. Have fun! :)

 
Copyright Elizabeth's Library Lowdown 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .